Welcome to my global village!

Sharing with the readers my experiences through my travel, interaction with different cultures and my involvement through community work! Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Sunday, November 06, 2011

One small Step towards 'Equity and Education'



Informal education can be very effective and interesting is well expressed in the photos here. SI Suva organised a workshop in the Laqere settlement area with around 25 women. We had two main session - one on Health (concentrated on HIV Aids through a woman's perspective) and another one on Microfinance. The attention span of this group of women was amazing - one of the most eager bunch of learners I have come across. Lots of tears, lots of laughter, lots of information and lots of question in just a 2-hour session - It was an extremely satisfying experience. Like I said during my talk on 'Insight into SI' that one should engage in community work because it gives you immense happiness and you feel your time and energy well spent! Give it a try and experience the joy of community service!!

No comments: